Public Invited to Joint Meeting on “Hiring Immigrant Labor for Your Business Needs”
SPENCER, IOWA - The Lakes Area Employers’ Council of Iowa (ECI), Kossuth County ECI, and Northwest Iowa/Southwest Minnesota Area Human Resources Association will be meeting jointly on Wednesday, November 16, 2011. Orlando Gill of TCTS Global, LLC will be speaking on “Hiring Immigrant Labor for Your Labor Needs.”
Wednesday, November 16, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Iowa Lakes Community College
1900 N Grand Ave., Spencer, IA 51301
Program Outline And Highlights include:
• What legally needs to be done as an employer to be able to hire immigrant labor.
• Advantages of hiring legal immigrant labor.
• Cultural (competency) and linguistic challenges of having a multi-cultural work force and solutions to these issues.
• Thinking outside the box to meet today’s challenges for staffing.
• Preparing your existing labor force for the new recruits, acceptance, smooth transition, etc.
• Reaching outside the minor cultural differences to embrace the larger humanity we all share.
Questions will be entertained by Gill, who is the owner of TCTS Global.
All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, and other staff members are invited to attend. Pre-registration is requested by Thursday, November 10, 2011 to Bob Becker, (712) 262-1971 ext. 126 or Robert.Becker@iwd.iowa.gov. There is no charge for the program. If you register, please attend. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes.
The Lakes Area Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by IowaWORKS Northwest Iowa and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at Robert.Becker@iwd.iowa.gov if you have questions about this training session or about the Lakes Area Employers’ Council.